It was tough to remove the crap that incredibar did to my web browsers. Even my Chrome running on Linux mint box got infected. Sounds strange, but today I know how it infected my chrome on Linux box.
Following are the steps that you need to perform to completely eliminate mystart.incredibar.com from your computer.
- Download and run adwcleaner
Following appears to be the homepage of adwcleaner (by xplode) http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/viewdownload/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
If incredibar *bs* reappears, then you will have to perform steps 1-3 from On Linux section below and then do step 1 of On Windows
The steps are only specific to Chrome browser. I came to know that Linux boxes are not affected by incredibar. Mine was affected as Chrome was syncing content back to the linux browser. Reinstalling and removing traces of infected files also did not help.
Follow the steps if you too are facing similar issue -
- Close any running instance of Chrome
- Go to https://www.google.com/dashboard/
- Click on Stop sync and delete data from Google in the Chrome sync block
- Remove following directories
- rm -R ~/.config/google-chrome/Default
- rm -R ~/.config/chromium/Default
- Open Chrome and happy browsing
Other OSHelp yourself, the Linux steps might give you an idea. Following URL will point you to the location of Chrome settings directory http://www.chromium.org/user-experience/user-data-directory
I hope this helps!